Monday, January 09, 2012

Tweaking Goals


I've been asked "HOW does one come up with business goals in general"? There's a lot of activities to do before committing to making your goals. There are numerous resources one could search online and in books to do some introspective work to draw to some conclusions. Reading others' goals can also be a good starting point for inspiration. Taking time out to think and ask yourself the tough questions of what you really want. Identify with the image above ..word picture...exposed, bare, reaching out, with a world of color and light.

Here's how my goals have progressed;  there's a pattern of reaching for goals, testing waters, accomplishment and sometimes falling short of meeting the goal.
2008 Goals,
2009 Accountability
2010 Goals
2011 Goals

Next I take last years goals and tweak them. Later I will need to discern between goals and what might now have become tasks in this list.

1. Maintain present Galleries;  Celebrations Gallery, CT,Gallery 17.92, FL, Juxtapose, NJ, Wolfe Gallery, FL. . Expand to new territory in other states (exhibits, shows, art centers, galleries, museums) . Exhibit at additional Galleries and venues in Florida - presently in 2012 I have 3 exhibitions lined up
2. Create and document 100 new pieces of work.
3. Continue to market work online and in products and increase sales. Continue my positive practices; blogging, social network medias, newsletters, postcards, mailing lists, and attending exhibits. Inspire, share, mentor and give.
4. Prepare EARLY for the Holidays and Promotions
5. Organize and back up data - this includes weekly bookkeeping
6. Maintain present Museum Gift Shops - Orlando Museum Of Art, Maitland Art Center, Florida Museum of Art, Florida Museum for Women Artists gift shop. And apply for more.
7. Make 10 art videos
8. Teach workshops
9. Move studio (sell, simplify, give away a lot of  items)
10. Bump IT up ... still figuring out this one...
would love to do an artist residency...and possibly work on my degree.... 





Bookmark and Share

4 comments:

Christine Kemp said...

Oh Robin so much to do, just as well you are organised but I still think you might need a secretary, just for the more than normal busy days.

Robin Pedrero said...

I do Christine!! yes

Gail Peck said...

I think you need another you!

Robin Pedrero said...

Oh gosh another me, then I'd be double lacking where I am slacking lol