Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Year of The Dragon

Year of the Dragon officially January 23

 I like symbols and the marks made to create letters and words. I like Sumie brushes, I use them regularly to paint. If you study my work you can often pick out Asian influences. 

 My mother was born in Boston and our family went there often. We loved to go to Chinatown. I specifically remember Bob Lees where a chopstick using guest taught this ever so curious probably starring child how to use chop sticks.  I learned as many of us do via place mats that I am a dragon and years later I learned more specifically that I am a wood dragon. 

= simplified dragon in chinese   = dragon

I am ready for a year of prosperity and success in business for all of us!

Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Nancy's WildWire said...

I am sure you are bound for a great year Robin! Lovely blog post:)I am sure the gracious hand of God's favor is on you my friend. Bless you!

Shannon Grissom said...

Beautiful Robin!