Monday, February 06, 2012

Red Flowers on a Branch for Baterbys

I began this painting a few weeks ago and today I placed the finishing touches with india ink detailing the fine lines of the flowers.I am drawn to the use of these colors together, the various shades of teal, aqua and turquoise, with red and cream ...and the blackish brown. I held back from filling the space completely, giving the mind and eye places to rest and wander. This will be one of the pieces I plan to submit to Baterbys for the auction which follows the LIVE PAINTING event this Friday.

As the winner of Baterbys Best Artist in Florida I will be painting live at Baterbys in Pointe Orlando this Friday beginning at 3 PM, you are welcome to come by then and enjoy yourself through the evening. The reception event begins at 6 PM so please join us. It's going to be a blast! Here's more details Live Paint Off

And here's the facebook event link (I always like to use these as it pops up in my events)

Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

Jane said...

Lovely art piece and the colors you have used are gorgeous.

Lisa Graham Art said...

What a wonderful combination of colors Robin! I didn't know you could use ink over acrylic..I will bet that really does add a lot to those final details.

Janet Vanderhoof said...

Very nice, does your pallet change?