Wednesday, March 21, 2012

New Representation: What to send/How to ship it


Part Two

The next step, the decision making as to what artworks the gallery would like to sell from their venue.
I keep a database of my art, so I know where my art pieces are located and when they are due to return,(if not sold). This database also provides provenance for a collector or museum. I created a folder filled with select images that would be available within a month for the gallery to review. Over the course of the next month I received requests regarding which pieces of work to send. I was asked to provide a bio, artist statement and head shot. (all of which every artist should have ready to go). Due to the large size of the chosen paintings the only way to send them would be to crate them. I had this crate built then freighted the art filled crate to Liz -Beth Gallery in Tennessee.  

Robin Maria Pedrero's Art is now at Liz-Beth Gallery in Knoxville.

Seven Circling Crows

Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Janet Vanderhoof said...

Wow, that's a lot of work. But you have to be willing to do it. Bravo!