Monday, July 09, 2012

Function and Balance in New Studio

As I continue to move into my new studio space there are many aspects to consider in the new space based on the ways I will utilize my new studio. In no particular order I must consider;
Using the new studio as a gallery


Taking what's here in my "old" studio and consider the placement of books, music,
finished and unfinished art, and supplies. I will pack away  my ribbons. 

Space for Max, who is already so happy to have a window his height in the new studio!
The "old" studio before the move - many pieces in progress.
I will need to consider where the light falls in order to work with natural light and to teach.
Where I will have students work and how the traffic flow will be best. Coffee or tea?


Here  just moving in and placing items to the sides to have guests
at an event just 2 days into the move.

AND it's already different today, we moved a big desk in and more!!

Bookmark and Share

4 comments:

Donna Frasca said...

Love the new studio! It's so light and bright. I'm considering painting my office but there's just sooo much on the walls and as you know, that's a really big job. Can't wait to see what you decide :-)

Donna Frasca said...

Love the new studio! I want to repaint my office but there just so much on the walls. Can't wait to see how yours turns out :-)

Raphaella Vaisseau said...

Congratulations on your studio move, and bravo for making a gallery there. It looks great. The best of my heart to you, Robin, and success (and joy) both to you and to your students. - Raphaella

Jaime Haney aka ArtsyFartsy.Me said...

This is such a treat being able to peek in to your new studio. I'm in the process of making a new studio in my basement and I'm looking for the best ways to lay everything out. I would love to know what that hanging system is that you are hanging your art from. Also, have you found a convenient way to store paints, canvases and papers?

~Jaime