Monday, October 08, 2012

Fashion & Decor #OlioHop with Robin Maria Pedrero

First of all I am so excited to be invited as an #OlioHop blogger! 
Olioboard
is SOO much fun!
Once you make an Olioboard you just want to make more,
with so many options to explore. (click blog post to continue)
"Awaken to Rhapsody & Take it With You All Day"

Olioboard enables me to create 2D and 3D rooms where I have access to incredible decor images from stores like Layla Grace and Wayfair. To top it off Olioboard enables me to use my own images so I can actually place my art and fashions in the board and showcase them in my created board venue online. 
Above in my Olioboard "Awaken Decor & Fashion" is my painting "Rhapsody" and my painting transformed on to a silk scarf.
As an Etsian (I have an Etsy Shop where customers can purchase my work) I utilize my Olioboards  to present my work as with this piece "Interlude".

My Olioboards also make wonderful banners on my Facebook Art Page.

I truly mean what I say about Olioboard being habit forming. I couldn't resist! SEE I made 2 Fashion and Decor boards. This one is "Come out of your Cocoon", the painting of mine is "Mariposa" which means butterfly in Spanish, so after you've rested well in your blissful bedroom it's time to take wings, and head out into the world with your "Mariposa Silk Scarf".
 With a lifetime experience as an artist I am over the top excited about my work being transformed into fashion like the silk scarves, fine art bags and cases for cell phones. My Art or Decor, as this #Oliohop explores, is transformed into FASHION!


You might be wondering why I've made two bedroom boards (above). They each have items from Layla Grace, which I just love AND they are having a contest!

LAYLA GRAYCE has launched the 1st of (4) 2 week contests. We are all excited because each 2 week contest comes with a first prize of $1000.00 and a 2nd and 3rd prize. Layla Grayce judges are: Crystal Gentilello of Rue Magazine, then Tobi Fairley, Jonathan Adler and Molly B Sims will judge their subsequent contests.



Here's the link to the Olioboard blog explaining the contest: http://blog.olioboard.com/the-layla-grayce-design-your-dream-bedroom-contest-2000-in-prizes/


Now you've seen what I've been doing with Olioboard please check out my fellow #OlioHop bloggers and let them know what you think with a comment.
http://www.apartment34.com
http://www.materialgirlsblog.com/chicago
http://selmahammer.com/blog/
http://lifeinaventicup.com
http://eurostylelighting.com/modern-inspiration/b/blog/
http://embraceyourinnersnob.blogspot.com
http://www.lampsplus.com/info-center/b/blog
http://www.nyclq-focalpoint.blogspot.com/
http://www.pocketfullofcolors.blogspot.com
http://www.blog.olioboard.com
http://design-magnifique.com/blog-news/

Bookmark and Share

19 comments:

Selma Hammer said...

Love your artwork Robin, I used your Dress One in my post! It's gorgeous!

Selma Hammer said...

Love your artwork Robin! I used your piece, Dress One in my blog post and olioboard! The colors were perfect for my design!

Karen Terry said...

Oh, Robin, I love your new blog look. I do have to say though I probably would have thought "that was it" if you hadn't explained to click the heading for more. AND, I loved reading the blog!!! I am off to try Olioboard now.....BBL

Karen
http://www.jmjcreations.etsy.com

D. Renée Wilson said...

Coolest site EVER 8D

Beverly from AlignBetween Art | Design said...

Hi Robin, found you via today Twitter posts about your work on Olioboard. I'm just starting out to feature my art on Olioboard (working on my first one) and seeing your post is quite inspiring. Love it! Your paintings are fantastic. It also looks like you may be a Central Floridian from your site. I was in Orlando for many years, now in Tampa. Good luck - I really like what you are doing! - Beverly

Interior Design Snob said...

Robin, Your artwork is so beautiful! How perfect, your art is transformed into silk scarves and fine art bags; Fashion+Decor! Love it!

All the best, Jane Gianarelli the Snob

Marilyn Russell said...

Great colorful boards and post Robin. You are such a talented Artist. I love your blending of colors. Your blog is looking fabu Too!!!.

franki durbin said...

So clever! The art... the scarf. Perfection. Great work!

Lesley from Lamps Plus said...

Robin, I love the second board - that is such a lovely, colorful bedroom! Great work.

Euro Style Lighting said...

Great use of art, fashion and decor!!!

Robin Pedrero said...

Thank you Selma!!!

Robin Pedrero said...

Karen, very good to know. I like this new blog format and I will just write click the post near the beginning. I am thrilled you enjoyed this post. YOU will love using Olioboard!

Robin Pedrero said...

Thanks Renee!

Robin Pedrero said...

Hi Beverly! Nice to meet you and glad we found one another via the OLIOHOP. I look forward to seeing how you use Olioboard. Yes I am in Orlando - I've been in Central Florida for 24 years after growing up in CT. I am glad you enjoy my work.
Best Wishes,
Robin

Robin Pedrero said...

Jane Gianarelli - I like it when you say it that way! how perfect! *wink! Thank YOU so very much!!

Robin Pedrero said...

Marilyn THANK YOU!!!! Color is my world!!

Charisse Marie Colbert said...

Robin, I love that you tell your story through your paintings and scarves. Your Rhapsody painting is beautiful.

Robin Pedrero said...

Thank you Charisse!!!

tkpleslie said...

Good morning, Robin!

On behalf of the Olioboard team (of which I am a part ) thank you, Robin, for participating in our OlioHop blog hop on this month's theme of Fashion and Decor. The way you've been able to utilizie Olioboard to create an online portfOLIO of your work is amazing and you were one of the first artists to really get the potential. Now, you've helped many more see what's possible and have done a great service to the artistic community around the world-who can create a set with their art (as you've done) and who need a way to show their work in scale in an actual room setting since people can upload a picture of their real rooms into Olioboard for free and then drag and drop art into it.

Today, there will be a FB album on http://facebook.com/olioboard of everyone's Fashion and Decor creations for their hop so that everyone at High Point Market will be able to see what's possible --since this is their theme this fall. We're excited to be able to showcaseyour beautiful real life art + fashion creations this way!

Personally speaking, it has been such a pleasure getting to *know* you through Twitter and social media even though we've still never had a chance to meet face to face and it thrilled me yesterday to see Sasha Kane finally got to hang the small painting of yours I bought from you.

I know you have some family things of your own going on, Robin, yet, through all of that, you continue painting, sharing and being a conveyor of your own vision of beauty and color to the world. What a blessing you are to those who know you and to your other artist friends!

Have a wonderful day and thank you again!

Leslie (@tkpleslie)