Monday, October 01, 2012

Ku Ku Kachoo or goo goo g'joob

The Adjustment Bureau  is a movie I enjoy  , making my mind wander into all sorts of scenarios about taking action, chance and destiny. Did one truly make a decision or did a "Little Bug" just go "Ka-Choo" as in Dr. Seuss' book " "Because a Little Bug Went Ka-Choo"?


So goes the painting process, painting with intention & happy accidents, slang for an area or a painting that was a successful result although somehow unintended, either by marks, color, texture, even subject.
A quick spray varnish before I bring the painting back in the studio to paint more ..

 Looks like a motel? Yes it is my studio... in a refurbished motel... 
Come by Open House October 5th 2012 5 - 9PM
Art is the only way to run away without leaving home. ~Twyla Tharp
  My process and work has changed through the years allowing more flow and less conformity.  
I savor my artistic journey through each painting.
 Interpretation

Although it has been reported that Lennon wrote "I am the Walrus" to confuse those who tried to interpret his songs, there have been many attempts to analyze the meaning of the lyrics. And perhaps that too is the journey of a painter like myself. The process of making art with intent, perhaps a little bug goes ka-choo, the adjustment bureau comes in, there's some magic, a traveler's song, and clues to find the way on the journey, while all the time we try to discern if the walrus is saying Ku Ku Kachoo or goo goo g'joob, is it gibberish or depth of meaning?

What's your thoughts on this post?



Bookmark and Share

No comments: