Thursday, October 18, 2012

Paintings to help benefit sister with cancer

Cancer has once again afflicted our family.  My sister is struggling to fight it and receiving care via Yale Smilow Cancer center. The chemo and radiation treatments are on going. There is a helplessness I feel being so far away in Florida while my mother and sister are in Connecticut. And honestly a helplessness overall.
What can I do?
(click to continue)

"Pink Birds" by Robin Maria Pedrero
I decided to create art and place the pieces of art in my Etsy Shop
at a discounted price to help benefit my family. 
Yet there must be more I could do?
I decided to lower the prices on some larger works of art to encourage quick sales
& help raise funds to benefit my family.
Here I am at Wolfe's Gallery in Deland where 6 larger pieces
are available for sale with the proceeds benefiting my family. 


 
Wolfe's Gallery 
119 N. Woodland Blvd. - DeLand, FL 32720
Phone / Fax (386) 740-1492

Reaching Higher 24 x 24"  by Robin Maria Pedrero

Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

Katrice's Musings said...

My heart goes out to you and your family Robin. You ask what you can do. Might I suggest simply going into your heart and sending healing love and light to your sister. While you might not actually FEEL like you are doing anything, you are. It helps when we send our loving, positive thoughts to others so try it and have faith that you are indeed making a difference. Blessings to you all.

Debbie Lamey-MacDonald said...

Sending hugs and comfort Robyn. Definitely a difficult journey for you and your family! I will think healing thoughts for your sister and your family. I am sure your mom and sister feel your loving thoughts even if there is physical distance between you. Take Care. xx

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing.