Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Grateful Lives

It is with the recent loss of my sister who bravely fought a battle with cancer and other health complications that I reflect on the joys of family, friends and simple pleasures.  To focus on living lives filled with daily gratitude. To fill our days with loving communication.

Lavender Rain Case by Robin Maria Pedrero
This past year on my commute to my studio I would get in to my car, using bluetooth, call my sister and talk to her on the drive. Some days were good for her, some not so good. Now when I make my commute there is this loss of dialogue and connection with her, a void. We truly experience loss in those moments when we previously would have interacted with someone. Even at the store when I saw gifts I know she would have enjoyed I had to remind myself she is now pain free and with heavenly angels.
I reflect thinking about conscious choices, one choice at a time choosing what really matters in this world,  family, friends, showing love, gratitude, kindness and caring to one another in the world.
Peace, Robin

7 comments:

Marilou Patricia Sande said...

Dear Robin,

Beautiful post, and a very good reminder.

My deepest condolences on your lost. May memories of her comfort you until you see her again. :-)

Sincerely,
Marilou Patricia Sande

Robin Pedrero said...

Thank you Marilou.

Cheryl said...

I am sorry to hear of your loss Robin. Your reflection are beautiful. My deepest sympathies to you.

Robin Pedrero said...

Thank you Cheryl

hmuxo said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Robin. This was a beautiful post and tribute to your sister!

Jaime Haney at www.jaimehaney.com said...

Oh I'm so sorry to hear you lost her Robin, but you will see her again. I believe that. Is this the sister you were helping raise funds for medical bills? It just seems like yesterday I remember your posting it. I know what you mean about the void. I lost my mother 3 years ago now from cancer and I don't think I'll ever be able to fill that hole that still remains in my heart. I have to just believe that we will be reunited someday.

Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.
Jaime

Robin Pedrero said...

Thank you Jaime