2012 goal progress and I was well on the way, and then I moved. A major slow down and can you believe I am still not even unpacked all the way. Some of you are also aware that as a family, we suffered through the trials of various cancer treatments until my sister could no longer fight the fight any longer. Such sadness and grief, yet her courage and attitude lingers with me giving me a refreshed outlook on life. Thank you all for being a part of my journey. So here's my art year in review:
- I am Grand Champion of Baterby's Best Artist in Florida and represented by the gallery in Orlando.
- Represented at Liz-Beth Gallery in Knoxville, Tenn and
The Copper Frog Gallery, Allentown, New Jersey
- I won the Artiste Winery Facebook Wine Label competition my art on a their wine label and had an exhibit at Artiste on my birthday!
- Published in Creating Exceptional Color in Acrylics
- Exhibited concurrent with Art Basel in Miami with New America Gallery
- Became the Artistic Consultant and have a studio at FAVO (a refurbished motel for artists)
- Exhibited at Steinway for United Arts Arts Fest and also for the very last exhibit "Trio" and Jacqueline Jones performed at both receptions
- Participated and sold work at the twitter art exhibit in Norway
- Exhibited prints at The Edmund Gallery in Bury St. Edmunds Suffolk, England
- I emailed newsletters to subscribers during the year
- I have over 14, 100 followers on twitter
- and 2668 likes on my fb artist page
- Collectors now in more states including Kentucky, Nebraska, Louisiana
my last map depicted Come on Rhode Island, Wyoming, Idaho, South Dakota and West Virginia!
- Participated in Fashion and Decor #Oliohop
- Donated to several schools, Freedom Riders, and DIFFA GLAM
- Taught workshops including one for YAG (Young Artists Workshop) at City Arts Factory, Orlando
- I was on the critique panel at the Maitland Art Center
- Featured in Orlando Sentinel, Seminole Magazine, Orlando Weekly, Orlando Arts
- Featured Interview in Golden Pen Magazine
- I have 10 videos on E -How
- Launched a new line of fine art designer silk scarves
1. Maintain present Galleries; Celebrations Gallery, CT,Gallery 17.92, FL, Juxtapose, NJ, Wolfe Gallery, FL. . Expand to new territory in other states (exhibits, shows, art centers, galleries, museums) . Exhibit at additional Galleries and venues in Florida - presently in 2012 I have 3 exhibitions lined up 2. Create and document 100 new pieces of work. 3. Continue to market work online and in products and increase sales. Continue my positive practices; blogging, social network medias, newsletters, postcards, mailing lists, and attending exhibits. Inspire, share, mentor and give. 4. Prepare EARLY for the Holidays and Promotions 5. Organize and back up data - this includes weekly bookkeeping 6. Maintain present Museum Gift Shops - Orlando Museum Of Art, Maitland Art Center, Florida Museum of Art, Florida Museum for Women Artists gift shop. And apply for more. 7. Make 10 art videos 8. Teach workshops 9. Move studio (sell, simplify, give away a lot of items) 10. Bump IT up ... still figuring out this one... would love to do an artist residency...and possibly work on my degree.
I did not prepare early for holiday.
I completed 80 paintings not 100.
Now.... time to map my dreams....and catch a star!