Monday, February 25, 2013

Brush it off and keep going

WHOOP

While walking with some packages a few weeks ago my foot sunk into a hole in the grass and got stuck causing a hard fall onto the pavement, and I injured my foot and leg. I've heard  how tough it is to get up the older you get I can report back in this instance I found it to be true. Still hobbling on this foot.


https://www.etsy.com/listing/69898627/fly-is-a-limited-edition-of-a-bird?ga_search_query=fly
"Fly" original in private collection available in reproductions
 I paint a lot of images with a sense of being lifted up. I use birds symbolically, flying birds, like "Fly" above, which uplifts me and makes me smile. I relate the lifted up to both a physical and a spiritual sense. Sometimes the incident of falling in our lives happens due to no fault of our own, like falling in that unforeseeable hole. Sometimes our own actions and decisions cause us issues. Either way we have to take responsibility and remedy the situations which will occur throughout our lives knowing "it’s not how many times you fall down, it’s how many times you get back up."


“The greatest act of faith some days is to simply get up and face another day.” ― Amy Gatliff 

The Journey


“All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Bookmark and Share

8 comments:

A.M. Day said...

The painting is very nice...not you injuring yourself. The colors are great and the texture is inviting. Get well and take care.

A.M. Day said...

The painting is very nice...not you injuring yourself. The colors are great and the texture is inviting. Get well and take care.

Mary said...

Beautiful composition, subject and colors. I'm always uplifted by seeing your paintings. Hope you're on the mend my friend.

Mary Mirabal

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

I liked hearing about your feelings while your paint, and that is my lifelong motto: Fall down 7 times, get up 8 times...

Robin Pedrero said...

Thank you Kelley! That's the best advice!

Robin Pedrero said...

Thank you Mary!!I do hope we can have a show together in the future.

Janet Vanderhoof said...

I know you will be flying around soon. I love how your paintings bring joy, hope and love. Get well soon!

Suzie Carr said...

The painting is gorgeous. WHat it said to me was this: There is hope. Nothing is permanent. Everything is temporary, so no need to stress over small obstacles. In time, we always get back up and fly away to someplace different.