Saturday, February 02, 2013

Garden Whimsies by Mary Spotlight Feature

 Mary makes marvelous whimsies. Although called Garden Whimsies I've had her wonderful work on my dining table as a decorative three tiered server throughout the holidays. One of the fun aspects of Liking her
face book page www.facebook.com/gardenwhimsiesbymary is getting to go antiquing and rummaging for the parts which will eventually make up her whimsical pieces. She comes up with amazing results!


As a working artist myself I was curious and I just had to ask to ask Mary what her one pet peeve in her studio/work space is and she said like many of us artists who utilize objects to create "Not enough space!!"
I also asked Mary her favorite word "Imagine".... and look what she creates!!! Imagine that!!!


                     This whimsy by Mary brings me pure delight!! I love the colors and patterns!
Mary and I enjoy each others creations,and you will often see us commenting on each others images on facebook. We are mutual collectors. Mary also enjoys collecting Native American art ~ pottery, weavings, basketry, and carvings.I like how she thinks!! Her favorite quote is 

"To be in harmony with all things, you must first be in harmony with yourself. ~~ Lakota Proverb

Find more Garden Whimsies by Mary;
 www.gardenwhimsiesbymary.etsy.com 
www.gardenwhimsiesbymary.com

THANKS Mary for being a SPOTLIGHT feature on my blog ~Robin

Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

Janet Bocciardi said...

These are adorable! They'd look great to give the winter garden some color.

Mary Mirabal said...

Thank you so much Robin for your wonderful support and friendship. I'm so honored to be your Spotlight Feature. Hugs ~ Mary

Suzie Carr said...

Ah so beautiful! These teapot designs just make me happy:-)