Friday, November 29, 2013

Triptych Painting transformed into Designer Silk Scarves

Poppies.. Colorful Poppies!! 



I am very excited to share this new "Delta Poppies" Silk Scarf

 The colors in this silk scarf are just beautiful
and can work well with so many colors of clothing options to accessorize.
Making this particular scarf a perfect gift!


 Here you can see where I added some fun polka dots using digital enhancements
to the area of transition from one panel to the next. See image below




Here's how this scarf came to be: a dear friend Anna visited my studio sharing that her close  friend needed a painting and had an idea specific to her guest room space. We discussed the proposal and I created this painting. Here is the triptych painting in my studio before I shipped it to my art collector. She titled the painting" Delta Poppies".  I thought these panels would make a gorgeous scarf. It took me a bit of time to design the scarf using portions of this painting. These are easy to care for, hand wash, drip dry, medium low steam iron. This is a 6" x 48" but I can also make these wider in a 12" x 48"  or longer by request. More specifics here


I do offer other silk scarves in my shop - Silk Scarves

Bookmark and Share

18 comments:

Terri Davis said...

Robin, these scarfs are beautiful!

Robin Pedrero said...

Thank you Terri!

BeadZPassionista said...

This scarf is gorgeous and I love how you let us in behind the scenes and lay it all out into a blog. My mind is spinning with how I can learn from your approach.
Thank you for sharing your artistry.

Michelle Edwards said...

Wow! This is cool how you make these scarves. It is gorgeous!

Tina said...

These are so pretty. I love the colors because you can wear them with everything! I can see them keeping you nice and warm on a cold winter day, or wearing them as an accent with a suit. You are very creative indeed!

wow101 said...

Robin, your scarves are the most original and beautiful I have ever seen! I love them all! It would be a wonderful gift for me, myself and I! :)

Terri Davis said...

I like the way you combined the paintings and the wide range of colors that will work with a multitude of outfits!

Kung Phoo said...

What a cool idea! Those designs are so nice!

Doiron said...

What an interesting craft you have! Creativity, I love it. It is sooooooo beautiful!

Casa Vilora Interiors said...

So beautiful! I just love the scarves

Christy Garrett @ Uplifting Families said...

These are beautiful scarves, very creative. :)

Simona R. Stefanescu said...

I love the scarves, so colorful!

Kelly Dees said...

Wow these are beautiful.. I actually bought a scarf a few years ago that I absolutely loved. But I wanted to hang it in my living room. So my aunt made a hanger for me and its been in my living room for the past 8 years. I absolutely love it!

Marilyn said...

That is such a neat idea. I like how it turned out too.

Runningmyspace said...

Robin the scarves are amazing,I just love them!

Sharon O'Day said...

Not only are your scarves beautiful, but they look like such fun to produce! I love that you can repurpose your designs in so many different ways!

R & R Web Design LLC said...

Robin, how beautiful! I am amazed at your talent!

Robin Strohmaier said...

Robin, these scarves are amazing! I am totally in awe of your talent.