Saturday, December 14, 2013

Calmness in the Woods vs the Busy Season

 I just painted  "Weekend  in the Woods".  I am such a sucker for alliteration, but the title is also true, we did have a weekend walk in the woods! Yes I might have taken some artistic license with the colors, but I paint how I feel the experience more often than how the actual color is seen. If you are a regular here you've heard me say this before, the woods give me sanctuary.  Quite frequently viewers will look at my artwork and say oh that peace must just emanate from you. Here's a confession; often I paint what I need, what I seek, what calls to me, or my response to an experience. Art can be an artist's own therapy.

“Art can permeate the very deepest part of us, where no words exist.”
Eileen Miller,
The Girl Who Spoke with Pictures: Autism Through Art


"Weekend in the Woods" 10" x8" on canvas by Robin Maria Pedrero


Admittedly I get flustered.  Yes I get flustered.  Presently completely unreasonably seasonably flustered. Tis the Season brings me waves of happiness and being overwhelmed, every year. I have my own personal battles with Christmas clutter, you know pine needles, an abundance of beautiful holiday decor, paper, packages, to dos, shopping, traffic (lots of snowbirds in FL), festivities, yes it's all good, I know I know, yet however delightful each year I find I need to give myself  ways to balance to keep the happy meter in the tail wagging range.


 Presents to Ourselves

Walking, even walking your dog,  or that other word for it.. "Exercising" is that mind altering natural happy pill, however for me it's not just a treadmill kind of thing. I need nature, I need some trees, flowers, (yes flowers still bloom in Florida in winter) and air to feel refreshed. So I walk and later I paint the woods or some flowers experiencing all over again that refreshing feeling of being revived in nature.

I participate in Norma's Savvy Biz group where I've recently come across some great tips that are presents to ourselves. Gilly has an encouraging blog post about Investing Time in Exercising.  Another tip I must remind myself daily is to eat healthy.  I have learned some new methods via Meryl Hershey Beck's blog post on how to avoid Holiday Over Eating. Another subject of the Holiday Season is over spending, also from the Savvy group is Coach Estelle with a SMART post! Gratitude is another gift to make note of each day, like knowing I do cherish our family decorating time.  Speaking of decorating, I absolutely must share the simplicity and beauty of these Christmas Chair Decorations gathered in this post by Veronica Solomon, here's a teaser of a fav from that post.


Meryl Hershey Beck
Meryl Hershey Beck
Meryl Hershey Beck
Meryl Hershey Beck
Meryl Hershey Beck
 Do you have some tips that resonate with keeping you joyful during the holiday hustle?



Bookmark and Share

8 comments:

Casa Vilora Interiors said...

Thanks for featuring my post on Christmas Chair Decorations Robin! It is quite an honor! I am so inspired by your works of art

Casa Vilora Interiors said...

Thanks for featuring my post on Christmas Chair Decorations Robin! It is quite an honor! I am so inspired by your works of art

Robin Pedrero said...

My pleasure Casa Vilora!! That post is excellent

Kung Phoo said...

What a really cook painting..

Robin Pedrero said...

Kung Phoo.. what's a cook painting?

Doiron said...

Beautiful and great ideas. Thanks for sharing, Robin!

Meryl Hershey Beck said...

Thanks so much for mentioning my post. I really appreciate it and I really like your art! :)

Robin Pedrero said...

Thanks so much Dorian and Meryl!