Saturday, December 28, 2013

Rejuvenation in the Studio



 I held my arms in the air for a cheer and audibly said "Whew we did it!" after the Christmas packages, papers and pans were all put away. I escaped into my studio for some rejuvenation.
Big people play time!


Orders have been coming in throughout the holiday with two after Christmas for a "Crow on a Branch". Just by talking about the piece with collectors I was inspired with a burst of creativity. I envisioned a crow with a hat and monocle, I doodled one quickly to keep it in my memory, then created the one shown above (work in progress). I didn't jump right in on the crow, I painted the background, let that dry then the next day I did some small pieces like the tendrils, sprouts and leaves square painting below. Then I was warmed up and ready to dive in to making the crow. What do you think? Collector Lee commented "Formal Affair" and it's now a pending title for the unfinished piece.




 Collector Images

One of the most delightful occurrences of holiday time
is knowing I've had my art be a part of  gift giving.
It's fun being tagged on facebook
in happy posts of recipients' Christmas gifts.
Sherry posted her new Pedrero paintings.



and Katie got the pillow she'd been wanting.



If you have  pics to share of my art in your space please do.


AND just kinda funny...
 Another cheer came when we celebrated a very low power bill,
gotta luv the no ac winters in Florida. Then I spotted this lol




Oh gosh that was me! 
Yes the crow has a hat and monocle, not too grown up is it?
 Or perhaps he is more than we know!
Playing in the studio is rejuvenating and it's risky business!



Cheers to being fearless with paint!






Bookmark and Share

8 comments:

Terri Davis said...

I love your crow with the hat. He is speaking words of wisdom to me.

Robin Pedrero said...

Thanks Terri!

Roslyn said...

Love seeing the stages of your art and the thoughts that accompany it.

Runningmyspace said...

Your crow looks very charismatic and gives you that feeling...He's watching and is a lot smarting than we think :) awesome work Robin!

Runningmyspace said...

I love your crow, he's very charismatic looking and smarting than we think! Awesome work Robin!

Runningmyspace said...

Your crow looks very charismatic and gives you that feeling...He's watching and is a lot smarting than we think :) awesome work Robin!

RunningMy said...

Your crow looks very charismatic and gives you that feeling...He's watching and is a lot smarting than we think :) awesome work Robin!

RunningMy said...

Your crow looks very charismatic and gives you that feeling...He's watching and is a lot smarting than we think :) awesome work Robin!