Tuesday, December 10, 2013

The Happy Painter


I painted the "Red Bird"  after I built up the landscape colors
on a canvas which I had gessoed black.
As I looked at the layers of paint creating a landscape
I envisioned the red bird in that spot
and must say this painting brings me pure joy.


I usually share my paintings like this one, in stages of  progress on my facebook art page
Often art collectors & fans watch the progress and are able to scoop up a piece to add to their collection rather quickly with an inquiry. I finished and listed the original "Red Bird" in my Etsy Shop and a few hours later it was sold. If you love "Red Bird" here's a link for you to get a print for yourself - "Red Bird" print I was recently asked how one can buy my original art, here's a link to how it works

As I work.. paint and create.. I listen to music, and make an effort to think on good things,
I believe this is reflected in my work


____________________________________________

I MOVED
The weather being a bit cooler here in Florida makes my recent move from the motel studio space FAVO
 to my garage space in my home a pleasure to work.
I've been in pure bliss to be able to create at any hour, and it shows in my work.
 I have found it really helps me to not have a commute.
includes shortening your commute. 

Is it that I paint because I am happy?
 I do know what often occurs is I am happy because I've painted. 




Please share your thoughts on Happiness and Art.

Bookmark and Share

30 comments:

Mersad said...

Beautiful art, Love the colors!!

Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography

Jaime Haney at www.jaimehaney.com said...

Well this painting brings me joy as well Robin. As I watch the little birds eating the seed I put out for them, I always think of your paintings. I like to paint birds and nature, too. It is a pleasure to see your work online and I follow you everyday on FB. You are one of the top inspirations for my art. I wish I lived close by to take a workshop.

The little birds are giving me dirty looks at the moment... we have about a foot of snow on the ground and the feeders are all empty again! Have an awesome day.

Casa Vilora Interiors said...

I just love your work. I hopeto be able to buy an original soon

Robin Pedrero said...

Thank you Mersad.

Jaime - I just love having you in my life. I know we haven't met in person but it's wonderful to interact with you. I have a workshop coming up at the Appleton Museum, but still not close enough to you.

It thrills me that you think of me as you feed the birds.

wow101 said...

Robin, I love your works of art. They make me smile! Hopefully, one day, I'll be able to purchase one of your beautiful pieces. Thanks for sharing.

ana banana said...

Robin, your colors are vibrant and yet your work evokes inner peace. I love seeing your art pieces, and reading about the work process of a visual artist.

ana banana said...

I love your colors: they are vibrant, yet bring me peace at the same time.

Robert Manea said...

That bird looks like it was meant to be there.. Great painting!

Christy Garrett @ Uplifting Families said...

I love this painting. So creative and I love the red bird, he stands out. :)

Terri Davis said...

The depth in the background is awesome and I love the way the red bird pops off the canvas. I feel so blessed to have had the opportunity to meet you and take some classes. I am happy that you have the opportunity to create with more spontaneity having less of a commute.

Tina said...

I'm so glad you sold the original!

Norma Doiron said...

Beautiful. YOU have talent Miss Robin! No wonder it sold so fast... :)

Marilyn said...

I agree with Ana, excellent colors yet are calming showing off the beauty of nature.

Kelly Dees said...

This painting brings me pure joy as well! I love the vibaint colors..

RunningMy said...

I love your work Robin, I can see why the bird painting sold fast!

Robin Pedrero said...

Casa Vilora thank you! I love your style so I can't wait to see what you pick

Robin Pedrero said...

Wow, thank you! I know on twitter you mentioned perhaps something with a heat

Robin Pedrero said...

that should have been typed heart not heat lol

Robin Pedrero said...

ana banana - color works magic!

Robin Pedrero said...

Robert Manea, I am glad you enjoy the bird

Robin Pedrero said...

Christy, Thank you!!

Robin Pedrero said...

Terri, It's such a blessing to watch you flourish!

Robin Pedrero said...

Tina,

Thank you! I am glad I sold the original too, thanks for sharing in my joy

Robin Pedrero said...

Thank you Norma!

Robin Pedrero said...

Marilyn, I am so glad the colors resonate with you.

Robin Pedrero said...

Kelly,
Hooray!!! That makes me excited that you feel the joy in this painting too.

Robin Pedrero said...

Gilly, THANKS!!!

Jaime Haney at www.jaimehaney.com said...

Oh I'm afraid that is a bit far for me now but maybe someday when I don't have my little seven year old depending on me. I do always look to see what you're doing when we go on vacation to Florida, but you know how fast vacations go!!

I feel like you're in my life, too. I love our online interactions :) Have a beautiful day... our snow is melting.

Meryl Hershey Beck said...

Yes, I feel the joy too!

Robin Pedrero said...

Thanks Meryl!