Tuesday, February 18, 2014

The Story of Bluebird Hugs in Tennessee

 "Bluebird Hugs"

Here's a quick iphone snapped pic of the "Bluebird Hugs" commissioned  painting

I shared this piece in social media and everyone is asking about it
so I wanted to share a quick post .
This painting is the dream vision of Diana whose hearts desire
is to share the love, and support Camp Bluebird in Tennessee.
Diana has not had cancer herself yet donates her time to Camp Bluebird.
 
What is Camp Bluebird?
Camp Bluebird is the first camp in the Middle Tennessee area designed for adult cancer patients.  This 3-day, 2-night retreat offers a unique experience, providing campers with education, support and encouragement in living life after a cancer diagnosis
 Diana found my work via facebook and was inspired to contact me
about her vision when she saw this painting I did for a groom to his bride.
 

"Garden of Love" by Robin Maria Pedrero
Reproductions are available for "Garden of Love"

We discussed the above painting as a starting point for the commission,
adding the words Hope, Faith and Hugs, along with cancer ribbons.

So I began painting


As I painted I shared some images with Diana and
we discussed the continued vision for the piece. 
We both agreed that the white bird although spurred on
from the inspiration painting needed to change and be a bluebird. 



Diana shared about the camp and why white balloons are released. 
"on the last day of camp, we release white balloons in honor of those still fighting cancer and in memory of those we've lost -"

The final elements of the piece are the cancer ribbons throughout the garden. 
There are plans for this painting being used in special ways
and I look forward to sharing that information with you at a later date.

Did you know I have an e-newsletter? It easy to subscribe Here

Bookmark and Share

24 comments:

Jaime Haney at www.jaimehaney.com said...

What a beautiful birth of a painting. The combined visions of you both have created a simply beautiful piece of art Robin. I just love it that you shared your process, what a treat to get a peek into your creative process. I love it that you changed it to a bluebird... funny I just saw two bluebirds today.

Robin Pedrero said...

Thank you Jaime! I am so glad you appreciated that I shared the process. Ohh what a treat two bluebirds!!!

Mary Stanko said...

What a wonderful story! I am so glad Diana found you and that you were able to create this message of hope and love for the cancer patients at the camp (and indeed all who see it). You yourself are a Blessing, Robin!
My thoughts & prayers & admiration go out to Diana and all who pass through Camp Bluebird. A little prayer will whisper from me every time I see a bluebird, a balloon, or a ribbon.

vickiandrandyrossart said...

Thanks for all the info, Robin!

artisoo said...

beautiful artwork!

Sandi M. said...

I was moved by the story of this collaboration and the resulting painting. Such a beautiful and uplifting way to inspire!

Terri Davis said...

I have been following your progress and so happy to now hear the story behind it!

Asta Baskauskaite said...

Truly a magnificent work of art!

BeadZPassionista said...

Love when you share the 'story and process' of a painting. This one is so special due to all the emotional issues. Even though art is so personal, everyone can relate to this one.

Kungphoo said...

Absolutely beautiful painting. That retreat sounds like a wonderful and inspiring place. Thank you for sharing this. :-)

A. Lynn Jesus said...

I loved seeing how the work unfolded. It is an 'eye inside' of the process. And Camp Bluebird sounds like an awesome place. I like that they call it Camp and it's for adults.... brings an element of fun to what otherwise is a very serious issue. Thanks for sharing.

wow101 said...

WOW! I love the way your share the step by step creation of your gorgeous painting. Incredible! You are such an inspiration.

Meryl Hershey Beck said...

Very beautiful and inspiring work of art. Camp Bluebird sounds like a very inspirational place for cancer patients to go for healing by allowing beauty into their lives. Great work!

Manifesting My Destiny with Lorii Abela said...

Wow! Those paintings looks so beautiful! I love it! So much!

Nate said...

I can always appreciate beautiful artwork and paintings! I like how you were able to create it from scratch and shows how passionate you are. Thanks for sharing!

joangogreenlivegreen said...

Beautiful paintings Robin!!! You are so talented :) Thank you for sharing!

LadyLike said...

I love the bluebird in flight. It gives the painting such an airy feeling. Beautiful colors.

Heather Cameron said...

Beautiful painting, I love to see how works of art comes together.

Debbie Takara Shelor said...

Wow - what a powerful story. Literally moved me to tears. I love the idea of the white balloons and they

Casa Vilora Interiors said...

I really enjoy your work. Your use of colors is masterful. And they are always fun!

Simona R. Stefanescu said...

It seems like you and Diana connected at a very deep level. I love the painting!

Martha Giffen said...

How wonderful to see your painting unfold! And, what a fantastic cause. Thanks so much for sharing!

Interior Designers said...

WoW!! these are awesome...i am unable to stop without make a comment here...so nice dear admin...keep posting these type of stuff...

Robin Strohmaier said...

Robin, what a beautiful painting and story! I know that I have told you before that I have a special place for birds and your work is incredible! It must be our name?