Thursday, April 03, 2014

A Yellow House with Sailboats is Home by The Sea

"Home by The Sea" by Robin Maria Pedrero 

Perhaps you remember my painting The Escape ?
After that original sold I was asked to create something similar
and I titled the next piece "The Second Escape".
That feeling that these inspired places evoke;
of somewhere well loved, perhaps desired, different, new,
a fleeting wanderlust to inhabit places experienced or in our dreams.
Home by the Sea by Robin Maria Pedrero

This piece is inspired by New England. I grew up in Connecticut, and enjoyed many seaside days in Mystic, Cape Cod, Newport, & Block Island just to name a few. I do like to travel. I adore my present home state of Florida and our beaches yet they differ and I miss the New England coastline. My paintings are most often formed from my desires. Perhaps I can't be there by the sea today, however I can go there via paint. So that's exactly what I did. 
What is also really amazing is sharing my work with my fans and collectors and how so many of you wish to take the journey with me. I just adore having you here, thanks for sharing in my joys and visual journey. 
This painting is being shipped to a collector in Texas. There are hand signed reproductions here. I can also make custom reproductions on canvas.
  Bookmark and Share

No comments: