Monday, April 28, 2014

Lupinus Texensis "Texas Bluebonnets"

"Texas Bluebonnets"  on canvas, depicted in a field, inspired by my recent travels. 
"Texas Bluebonnets" by Robin Maria Pedrero
The above painting is available and also reproduced on canvas, metal, acrylic
and more here in my Fine Art America Site
.

I went to Texas last month with expectations of spotting the famous Lupinus texensis, otherwise known as: Texas bluebonnet, Bluebonnet, Texas lupine, Buffalo clover, and Wolf-flower.

 

While in Texas I visited the
Lady Bird Johnson Wild Flower Center
for these up close views. 

It was most joyful to see the fields and roadside views of the bluebonnets.
When I returned home fresh with inspiration I began this painting. 

Early stage of painting in progress


Here is my painting of my Texas bluebonnet experience as I studied it
poolside back here in Florida. 


OHH LOOK
It's a pretty neat service now, Fine Art America also offers the prints on phone cases.



1 comment:

Jaime Haney said...

This is beautiful Robin. My mother in law just went to Texas to see the Bluebonnets. It really makes a nice phone case, too!