Thursday, January 01, 2015

Day 1 of the New Year 2015

A Time To Fly - by Robin Maria Pedrero 


Whew.. did you make it through the holiday ok?  New for me this year was the challenge of eating as a present diabetic. I use the word present as one of my goals since having to medicate in October has been to kick diabetes through diet and exercise. The holidays were tough. I have tried to knock out sugar, eat low carb, more vegetables, skip alcohol and exercise regularly. All essential habits. Changing our habits changes our lives. 

New Guardian Pillow 

The other activity I needed to attack was to simplify some of my home areas as I regularly do. I spent 5 hours on decluttering and organizing  make up, accessories and clothes today. I am donating some new items to a special group of teens for their reward system. 


Interesting new "toy" is my vivofit, something I did not ask for but I'm kinda diggin' it! today I've taken 14, 162 steps at home, and supposedly walked 5.81 miles, just in my house doing housework. The other cool occurrence was, a weird thing happened this morning too, I slept till after  8 am.. that's so late for me. I am such an early bird. (if any have a group or want to form one on vivofit contact me)

I just have so much energy and excitement. Maybe it's the clean eating, maybe it's the new year and open possibilities!  What are you excited about for 2015?

"New Road" in progress almost done

I began a new painting in my Red Sky Series and already have a buyer interested before it is finished. I am elated that this fairly new art collector wants a larger work of mine. Here it is prior to completion. The acrylic painting will be called "New Road". If you've followed my work for some time you will be able to immediately recognize that this new piece is in the Red Sky series.  That series originated in the medium of soft pastel. It was challenging to duplicate that intense red that the soft pastel pure pigment offers, however I am so pleased with the results. 

Wishing you the best with you goals, stay healthy, happy and helpful.

Robin 

5 comments:

computerartman said...

Hi Robin great to see you here on your blog!

www.lindablondheim.com said...

Looking good Robin.
Love,
Linda

Jaime Haney said...

Beautiful new painting Robin. Your new collector has great taste! I know that avoiding the normal yummies that are available this time of year is so hard. I struggle myself. Not with Diabetes (yet) but just watching my weight. It sounds as though you're off to a fantastic new start to the new year! Who knew cleaning the house up added up so quickly? !

Happy New Year my friend! :) big hug.

Robin Pedrero said...

Hi Jaime!

I was non stop cleaning yesterday so that's a lot of steps!

Happy New Year my friend!

Robin

Terri Davis said...

Happy New Year! I too will be focusing on better health and weight management and look forward to us lifting each other in our lifes as an artist!